Sweet Potato Breakfast Bake
1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 sweet potato, diced, 1 pound sausage, 1/2 cup chopped onion, 1/2 red bell pepper, diced, 1cup sliced fresh mushrooms. 1 cup torn kale leaves, salt and ground black pepper to taste, 5 eggs, 1/3 cup water, 1 teaspoon dried thyme, or to taste, 1 green onion, diced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add sweet potato; cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Cook and stir sausage in the same skillet over medium-high heat until crumbled and browned, about 5 minutes. Add to the sweet potato in the bowl.
- Cook and stir onion and red bell pepper in the same skillet until tender, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add mushrooms and kale; cook until kale softens, about 3 minutes more. Transfer to the bowl.
- Whisk eggs, water, thyme, salt, and pepper together in a small bowl. Stir into the sausage mixture. Pour into a large baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until sweet potato starts to brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes. Garnish with green onion